The Governor has requested schools to remain closed through May 1st. The Harrisburg School District will comply with this request. Distance learning will begin Wednesday, March 25th and continue through May 1st.
We've curated a list of resources for parents to enrich learning for their children at home.
We are excited to announce that three additional Grab & Go meal sites will be opening on Thursday, March 26th! Meals can now be picked up from Liberty, Freedom, Explorer, North MS, Journey and Horizon. Pick up times will continue to be from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM and will be open Monday through Friday.
As we are using Federal funds to provide these meals there are rules that we must abide by.
• Only Headstart - 12th grade students enrolled at Harrisburg are allowed to pick up a meal.
• Students can go to any of the three locations to pick up meal. They do not need to attend that location to get a meal.
• The student must be present to pick up a meal.
• Each student is allowed to pick up one (1) lunch meal for that day and one (1) breakfast meal for the following day.
• You must take milk with each meal.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time of uncertainty.
Harrisburg School District is continually working to create a resource for the public in order to help them understand the policies and procedures that will be used for safety and security during the COVID-19 situation.
Our school leaders are checking closely with state educational agencies and the public health department to determine the best ways we can be prepared for this.