Wednesday, February 1, 2017
HARRISBURG SOUTH MIDDLE SCHOOL MORNING BULLETIN
Students, please do not come to the office until after announcements are read.
Please stand and join us in the Pledge of Allegiance.
(PAUSE TO GIVE STUDENTS TIME TO STAND)
“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”
(PAUSE TO GIVE STUDENTS TIME TO SIT DOWN)
Lunch Today: Teriyaki Noodle Bowl & stir-fry vegetables
Tomorrow: Walking Tacos & steamed vegetables
Today is a “B” day
- Students, just a reminder that ID badges will only be printed in the morning. If you need a new badge printed, please
bring your $5 to the office before or during advisory.
- Students, please do not allow any person into the school. Every person needs to sign-in through the office. Even if the person is banging on the door, do not let them in, instead grab a staff member.
- There are LOTS of glasses in the office. If you are having a hard time seeing in class or run into walls frequently, you may want to see if one of the pairs in the office is yours!
- 8th Graders ONLY– It’s that time already… time to think about high school!
- On Tuesday, February 7th, Dr. Lein, Harrisburg High School principal, and Mrs. Bigge, HHS counselor, will visit HSMS during 8th period to discuss the two program options available for you as a 9th grader. These are customized and traditional learning options. The high school has been hosting evening events for your parents to learn more about these two program options. The last parent information night will be held February 7th from 5:45-7:00pm at the high school. The official form that you need to choose your high school program will be available on February 13th and due February 17th. You will register for high school classes later in the spring. More information will be available regarding registration in the future.
- On Wednesday, February 8th, you will spend most of the day at Harrisburg High School. In the morning, we are hosting an 8th grade career fair, this experience will allow you to learn more about different types of careers. You will have lunch at the high school and then spend the afternoon touring the high school, learning about class options and extracurricular opportunities. This will be a joint event with both South and North Middle Schools in attendance.
- There is a book, “Alive” by Scott Sigler, in the library that was put in the Book Return that is from Siouxland Libraries. If it is one you checked out, you can pick it up in the HSMS Library.
- The next FCCLA meeting for all Members will be NEXT Monday, Feb. 6 from 3:05-3:35. Treats will be served. See you there!
- There will be a WEB Dance Committee and a WEB Advisory Lesson Committee meeting this morning (Wednesday) during advisory in the choir room. WEB members who are NOT part of either of these committees do not have to attend. Please check into your advisory before attending the meeting.
Happy Birthday: today to Ainsley P